Saturday, November 19, 2016

G I R L P O W E R

Two things happen the second you find out you're expecting. 
1. You're scared out of your mind. Like, what do you do with a kid? With a tiny baby, at that?
2. This one might just be me, but WHAT IS IT GONNA BE? A he? she? Pink? Blue? I NEED TO KNOW.

When we found out we were expecting a girl the first time around, we did a gender reveal for the family. It was fun because I got to help plan it and I didn't have to wait 5 days for the weekend to hit so I could find out. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure its fun to be in suspense and open the box or pop the balloon in front of your family and friends, but Andrew and I just don't roll like that. We like to find out at the doctor's office, together.

So back in October, Andrew, Hazel, my mother and myself went to my appointment. We knew we wanted to find out and we were super giddy that morning. They called us back and we went into the sonogram room. The technician goes about her business and does our anatomy scan so we can make sure all is well. Then, out of nowhere she says "It's a little girl!"

My eyes lit up and I was in total shock! I could've sworn we were going to have a boy. I really wanted a girl, but I just knew we were going to have a boy. Mostly because I just couldn't see it being possible to get what I wanted both times. Sure enough, though. God came through. We left feeling so happy and eager to meet our newest little girl! 

I didn't do anything special this time around. I just snapped a photo and posted it to social media because of course, it has to be Facebook official. Andrew and I are crazy and already have each of our children's names picked out. Enough for us to have 12. All girls, of course. :P

I'm mostly excited to give Hazel a sister. That's something that I never had. I can't wait for her to have a solid best friend for life. Someone for her to always count on and vice versa. I come from a family of five brothers and I always wanted a sister. It's going to be so fun to see their relationship blossom! 


0 comments :

RAMBLING

Hi all, me again. You know, the one who has this blog and never uses it. Thought I'd check in a give a life update. Actually, I'm pr...