Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Hazel's Outfit Of The Day


Today, H and I had some errands to run...FINALLY! I love being a stay at home mom, I really do...but sometimes it's hard. It's nice to have a reason to shower and put on makeup, it's also nice to communicate with someone who uses actual words and isn't crying for milk or waving Daniel Tiger in my face constantly. So of course today, like any other, I throw on my ratty mom clothes, did some quick makeup and spent 30 minutes planning out what H will wear.

I had planned on meeting up with Andrew for lunch and then heading to the store after for some things we need around the house. That didn't happen at all. Hazel slept right through lunch, and I dare not wake that girl. Honestly, I could go on and on about why none of our plans worked out today and how my kid is currently naked and sitting on my lap crying. I won't, though. Instead I'll talk about something positive. Something that I love, Hazel's clothes! 

I'm weird, nothing makes me happier than shopping for outfits for this girl. New, used, whatever if it's cute I'll buy it. It's an addiction, really. 

So H's style is pretty obvious once you get to know her. We love boho but we can get pretty girly at times. Today, Hazel wore an emerald colored Mexican dress that was gifted to us by one of my best friends. She hasn't even met H (she lives 10 hours away and can't leave town much) and she knows what we like!  Emerald is one of my favorite colors on Hazel, it brings out her brown hair and eyes so well and goes perfectly with her olive skin. Mexican dresses are so cute because of the super detailed embroidery and the floral adds a girly touch to a rather simply designed dress. I never see myself getting rid of this dress. 

I paired it with a head wrap, but that didn't last long and she likes to wear my hat for fun so I had to snap a photo of that. In the end, she ended up wearing a simple leather bow headband from The Bohemian Bear. If you don't know that Instagram shop, you should check it out! She has the cutest things. Then, of course, she wore her Minnetonka fringe boots, because we pretty much wear them every day. Fringe boots are the perfect shoe for us because they go with several of her outfits and who doesn't love fringe? Mama even has a matching pair! She also wore her amber teething necklace because we try really hard to never go a day without it! It's the perfect accessory for us anyway because it's very natural. I have one of those too! The necklace and the shoes came from the baby boutique My Cup of Tea! We love that store! We're biased because I worked there for a while and the owners and employees are awesome, but even if I didn't work there, I'd still say they have the cutest little baby things! 

It was 80 degrees today but if it were colder I would've added tights, knee high socks and a jacket or her fur vest. This is one of my go to outfits, Hazel wears it too often but who cares? It's adorable! 

0 comments :

RAMBLING

Hi all, me again. You know, the one who has this blog and never uses it. Thought I'd check in a give a life update. Actually, I'm pr...